A Trail Bike Tailored for Drop Bars
Off-road enthusiasts have been Frankensteining drop bars onto trail bikes for decades, so we designed the Grappler to scratch that itch with a little more precision. Engineered first and foremost around a stable and comfortable drop-bar hand position, its trail-ready geo provides a spirited ride on mixed terrain.
Cleared for girthy tires and decorated with an array of mounts for hauling your daily provisions and overnight gear, the Grappler is ready to take you and your paraphernalia down that overgrown fire road for an extrasensory experience. There’s nothing to be afraid of. Probably.
- Featuring Surly’s versatile Gnot-Boost spacing, allowing riders to run 142mm or Boost 148mm rear hubs; thru-axles; stealth dropper post routing; non-suspension corrected
- Custom dropouts ready to run single-speed or internally geared hub setups
- Seatstay-mounted bottle bosses, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube
- Clearance for 27.5 x 2.8” or 29 x 2.1" tires (with or without fenders)
- SingletrackSingletrack: 4 out of 5
- DoubletrackDoubletrack: 5 out of 5
- GravelGravel: 4 out of 5
- BikepackingBikepacking: 4 out of 5
- Phantom FightingPhantom Fighting: 5 out of 5
NOTE: You can ride your bike wherever the hell you want, but this is what we think this bike is best at.