Road Plus Bike That Tackles Pavement & Gravel
Midnight Special shines on pot-holed, deteriorating pavement and the occasional long stretch of gravel. Its 650b road plus tires eat up road chatter and absorb all the bumps in the road like the champion it was designed to be.
When it comes to road bikes, we just want to toss a few bananas into our pockets and see where the road takes us. We seek out varied surfaces on our rides and frequently go from pavement to gravel to shittier pavement. Midnight Special allows us to accomplish all of that quite comfortably.
- Higher volume tires allow better fine-tuning of tire pressure on varying surfaces and create a wider contact patch for increased traction
- Modern road standards like flat-mount disc brakes, 12mm front and rear thru-axles, and a 44mm head tube
- Clearance for 650b x 60mm or 700c x 42mm tires without fenders (650b x 50mm or 700c x 38mm with fenders)
- Tire ClearanceTire Clearance: 5 out of 5
- Road RidesRoad Rides: 5 out of 5
- GravelGravel: 5 out of 5
- CommutingCommuting: 4 out of 5
NOTE: You can ride your bike wherever the hell you want, but this is what we think this bike is best at.